Certified Manager (CM)
The Certified Manager (CM) Program
- Certified Manager (CM) Program develops and enhances your leadership and management skill.
- The program consists of three separate courses. Each course consists of 10 two-hour sessions.
- Completion of the program earns you a Certified Manager certificate, and the privilege to use the title CM after your name in business communications.
develops and enhances general management skills and prepares individuals to take the three Certified Manager assessment exams. Managers that meet the eligibility requirements for education and experience for the CM Program and successfully pass the CM exams achieve CM certification, a prestigious credential that recognizes competency and professionalism in the field of management. Certified Managers receive a Certified Manager certificate and lapel pin and earn the privilege to use the initials “CM” after their names in business communications.
The CM Program is sponsored by the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM). ICPM was conceived in 1974 by a task force of management educators and members of the International Management Council and the National Management Association. The Institute is located on the campus of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
The CM Program consists of three courses, each of which consists of ten two-hour sessions. (2.0 CEUs for each course). CM exams are administered at the conclusion of each course. The courses are taken in consecutive order and are as follows:
- CM I: Foundations of Management provides essential skills and knowledge about managers and managing in the modern world. Content includes fundamental managerial roles and skills, entrepreneurship, managing diversity, managing globally, ethics and social responsibility, business law, communication, information systems, and economics.
- CM II: Planning and Organizing is a comprehensive overview of two of the core functions of management, planning and organizing, as well as the skills needed to carry them out. Content includes planning and formulating strategy, operations management, project management, planning effective meetings, decision-making, managing teams, organizing work and structure, and human resource management.
- CM III: Leading and Controlling is a comprehensive overview of the core functions of management, leading and controlling. Content includes leadership skills, empowerment, motivation, time and stress management, delegating, managing change, conflict management, operations control, quality management, and financial management.
Training materials include 3-printed study manuals and an online learning center that includes chapter summaries, PowerPoint slides, practice quizzes, and a threaded discussion area. For additional information, visit the ICPM Website athttp://www.icpm.biz.
The Lockheed Martin Leadership Association (LMLA) is offering three Certified Manager Classes for various levels. All classes are free for LMLA members and $20 for non-members. LMLA will reimburse all the costs (Cost of the book, ICPM application fee and exam fee) for their members after the completion of CM certification.
Course 1 is designed as a prerequisite for course 2, and course 2 a prerequisite of course 3; and, ICPM recommends the course be taken sequentially; however, students may still take and test for each course at their own convenience. LMLA class size is limited to 20 students. Individuals may forego the classroom environment, contact ICPM at 1-800-568-4120, study, and test on-line. All fees remain the same excluding the course fee.
All classes are free for LMLA members and $20 for non-members. LMLA will reimburse all the costs (Cost of the book, ICPM application fee and exam fee) for their members after the completion of CM certification. To register for any of the classes, please contact the LMLA Office.
For more information, contact Lauren Gibbens @ ext. 79527.